Sunday, October 15, 2017

Today I pulled the kayak out and went paddling. This is the first time I've been on the water since hurricane Irma. The channel I usually go down, has a few obstacles... tree tops. I went out to see what I could find in the mangroves. Turns out, not a lot. I was a little surprised. 

The big white fender was way too far up in the dense mangrove, so I didn't even try for that. I was able to retrieve the 40 feet of blue rope.
A little farther down, I come upon a boat. It was a very sad looking boat, that I'm sure has a captivating story to tell of her Irma experience. It has been tagged with caution tape, so I'm sure the numbers have been taken and put on THE LIST.
It will take a long time to recover from Irma. She trimmed all the trees, but new leaves are showing up everyday. One positive thing Irma did, was give the plants a good watering. Yesterday, on my bike ride to the beach, I came across these beautiful bogavia.



No comments:

Post a Comment