Friday, December 16, 2016

IGUANAS... LOVE THEM OR HATE THEM?


In 2010, I took a trip to Belize. One of our tourist adventures, was a visit to the Iguana hatchery. We were told that Iguana is a regular dish, and the population was dwindling. There was a hatchery to help repopulate the area. At that time, we thought the iguana was a very interesting animal.

After I moved to Key West, I discovered the iguana could be a big nuisance. They eat your flowers, your vegetables, and poop on your porch and boat. They are a very interesting looking animal, but I don't care for them living in my yard.

While I was lounging under the coconut palm trees today, two came wandering up. I usually just run them off, not watch them. But today, I observed their behavior. It seemed that the one pictured above is a mature male, and the slender, bright green one below is a female. It must be mating season for the male, he was making amorous advances to the female, but she wasn't in the mood. Seem it's no different in the animal world.  lol



No comments:

Post a Comment