Sunday, September 25, 2016

I VISITED THE DARK SIDE....

...AND I LIKED IT!!!!



My friend has a flats boat, and we took it out this weekend. We put in at Matagorda, TX, and ran down the Colorado River. We saw alligators and lots of driftwood. My friend stopped the boat and asked me to come back behind the wheel because he needed my help. He put the kill switch cord on my wrist. With a shocked expression, I grabbed the throttle and wheel... and we started up the river. This boat does not travel on the water like any boat I have ever driven.... it slides around like an airboat. But, I got to be captain for a while! 


Texas might not have the prettiest water, but it does have a lot of beaches. We went on down to the beach, looked for shells and I got my feet wet. I can't be that close to the water and not at least get my ankles wet.

Sunset on Matagorda beach.
The perfect end to a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment